Farming has come under the microscope, highlighting three key factors of concern:
- Nitrogen leaching
- Sediment loss
- Animal health and welfare
We have developed a range of Ecosystem pastures that take these interacting factors into account.
Ecogain - Pasture for reduced N loss
Palatable tetraploid ryegrass, plantain and clover pasture designed for maximum nitrogen retention whilst maintaining performance and productivity.
- Ecogain uses a lower rate of tetraploid ryegrass for palatability, lower density and upright growth habit aiming to maintain 30% plantain and high clover content in the sward.
- By maintaining this proportion of plantain in the pasture we get the full benefit of four modes of action in cutting N loss.
- A high clover content means there is less reliance on N fertilisers.
- Ecogain contains a medium and large leaf white clover which suits the grazing management of the tetraploid and plantain.